Monday 25 October 2010

One person can make a huge difference.


Whether you think you should eat meat or not I bet not many of you , if any would want any suffering inflicted on animals, right?

What I want to talk to you guys about is animal cruelty.
The cruelty that happens is unimaginable, what the cats, dogs, rats, mice, rabbits, cows, etc must go through.
There are no words that could describe how it kills me to think of it.

They feel emotions and they also feel pain!


We can change this!

We can be compassionate and get our heads out of the clouds and KNOW this goes on but not to sit and feel upset for 10 minutes and then carry on ignoring it, but to make changes that will help these defenseless beings.

You could become a vegan, but even if you don't there are things you can do to greatly lessen the suffering on innocent animals.

Find out about cruelty free/animal friendly make up and cleaning products and use them, not only will this reduce the cruelty but it will support the GOOD compassionate ethical companies that give a shit, sometimes they may be more pricey, other times cheaper!

Join in on "meatless Mondays" You'll save a ton of lives and help the environment!

One person can make a huge difference!


You'll save tons of lives. You'll lessen the suffering done to your animal friends.
They need you!

Here are some quotes I love.

Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~Thomas A. Edison
The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~Jeremy Bentham

I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her. ~Ellen DeGeneres

Cruelty is one fashion statement we can all do without. ~Rue McClanahan


Thank you for reading.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

I am not high and mighty, I am purely speaking for the ones that cannot.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm completely with you on your anti animal-cruelty stance, and definitely believe one person can make a difference.

I've been a vego for a long time now, and go out of my way to avoid products that are anti-animal testing and contain no animal by-products... I can't imagine life being any other way to be honest.

Take care.

Peach Nia said...

Tracey, thanks so much for the support!
I really hope that even one person reading this post will make a decision to be more compassionate to our animal friends xxxxxxxxxxx

I can't imagine being any other way now either. Once you start to be aware in this way, I believe you grow as a person, you can't go back!

Anonymous said...

I totally get what you are saying. I am not a vegetarian, but I think animal testing is unbelievably cruel and wrong. I once walked into a restaurant that had animal heads mounted everywhere, and I almost threw up and had to walk out.

Monster said...

hehe, Meatless Mondays are also known as Bunday in the rabbit lovers world! i forgot about this day, i would like to get back to committing to it. thank you for the reminder of the importance of knowing what your products have been through. most of what i buy is cruelty-free, but sometimes i get lost in life & forget to double check stuff.

have you heard of the Leaping Bunny Pledge it's a listing of companies that pledge to never, ever use or partially contribute to animal testing, ever. they'll send you a wallet-sized version of the list that you can take with you anywhere!

Monster said...

oh, and another good quote:, "Saving one animal may not change the world but for that one animal the world will change forever."

Peach Nia said...

beckaboo;

I'm glad you are compassionate xx

Peach Nia said...

Sarah Marie;

meatless mondays are a great way for meat eaters to be compassionate and it saves so many lives! Hehe, bunday, that's cuuuute!
I'm glad you try to be concious in your purchases, it can be easy to forget sometimes.

The leaping bunny pledge!!!!!!
LOVES IT! Thank you, i'll print off the lis and keep it with me in my bag so I can be sure of cruelty free buys!

Peach Nia said...

sarah marie, that quote is fab!
It is a good reminder that one person can make a major difference to another being's life.
Everyone can make a change, a difference!