Saturday 10 September 2011

Moving progress



My gawd moving is stressful!
We move a week on Monday and whilst we wait for moving day we are doing up the new place which is coming along nicely, albeit slowly, as I can't help as much as I would love to.
I got so sad missing my dogs like crazy whenever we had to go to the new house for hours on end, so begged hubby if I could take them.
So, seen as the living room was now finished and safe for then, we took them :) Happy me!

Captain was cautious in the new garden, he could hear dogs barking nearby.
This is his "Mum, are we OK here" face .

Levi went out briefly but wasn't sure with the sounds around him.


They really enjoyed sniffing around and chilling out but cried whenever I left the room.

I am so happy with the colour of the living room and love the wallpaper we picked out. I just cannot wait for the real fun stuff when we move in like seeing all of our furniture in there and new rugs and curtains etc.

We got the ercol chair above from my family and I want to refurb it and make it gorgeous again.
I am going to sand and varnish it and get new cushions made. I LOVE my "new" vintage sideboard. The make is Nathan and it is perfect for the retro living room it is going to be :)

It is lovely to be able to decorate again and have a house that feels inspiring to me. I have been living in a cream "rented" hell for 4 years now and it sucks the life out of me creatively, to be in a bland space.

My new bedroom is bright frosting pink! I cannot wait to show pics when finished.

I love the way colour is really back, for decor. For years everything was cream and beige, now greys, teals and reds and pinks are hot again, yay for colour!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting this all is for you!! Glad you got to take the woofs over to check out their new place!! Having them there must make it seem a little bit more like home??!! Enjoy yourself!!
Tina

Unknown said...

I love love love your new wallpaper! and the sideboard too! I hate living where we are as it is rented and everything is cream and (yes) mahogany! Artex and interior brickwork (not selling it well am i?) any how good luck with your move and the dogs will soon settle in and showing the otherdogs who is boss! Sue x

Anonymous said...

That leaf wallpaper is amazing! I also move into my new house a week on monday so I need some ideas for decorating ;-)

Nicola said...

Awww love the picture of your poochie on the chair! Nice decorating too!!

x

Peach Nia said...

Tina:It did!! I was sat on the chair with them both on my lap and thought to myself, this is starting to feel like home with them here with me :)

Peach Nia said...

The krafty cupcake:Thank you!!!! Oh boy CREAM HELL, lol!!! I hope you get some more colour too soon. It isn't great for creativity is it??

Peach Nia said...

littlecraftingcorner: Yay, good luckk with your move, MOVING TWINS!!! :) The wallpaper is by arthouse called "retro leaf" xx

Peach Nia said...

a diary of an animal lover: Thank you!! XXXX

Corina said...

That room looks great! I love the wall paper.

Peach Nia said...

lux; thank you so much!