Thursday 2 February 2012

Yummy Mushroom Soup.

Ok so I made the most yummy vegan friendly Mushroom soup last night but photos at night of food never look nice, so...

Here is a really cute photo of Mushroom soup from a great blog, link to it below!



pig in the kitchen blog
Great blog, loads of gluten free recipes!

Oh how I love the pastel soup bowl and plate!!

Ok, so on with the recipe.

I am not big on measure this and measure that, so I usually eyeball things. Funny I am not that that at all with baking, only cooking. With baking I like to act like a scientist, measuring everything out with precision.


I made enough for 2 full soup bowls, so please keep that in mind if you fancy making a bigger batch. I won't put amounts of things, you can then decide how much you want to make.

Ingredients:

mushrooms.
onion.
stock cubes.
filtered water.
Tinned coconut milk.
salt/pepper.
vegan marg or coconut oil.
Flour.


Heat a tablespoon of vegan marg or coconut oil in your soup pan, add to that chopped onion and cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
Then add all of your chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook for around 3-5 minutes, depending on how many you have.
Then add your stock cubes to a glass jug and add boiled filtered water and mix well then add the mixture to your soup pan to cover your ingredients.
Bring to boil and then add flour to thicken stock. (I only added a teaspoon to my small batch).
Then add salt and pepper and the coconut milk and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes, you may need a little longer for bigger batches.

Simply blend and serve with fresh bread.

0 comments: