Thursday 22 December 2011

Butterscotch and Beesting candy review!

Butterscotch and Beesting candy review!!


All this wonderful candy below is made by a very talented lady called Camilla and this is what she says..
"Butterscotch & Beesting follows the adventures of two of my characters, Betty Butterscotch & Bumblewick Beesting who are best friends and run the quite remarkable and ever-so magical Butterstings Circus. Lovely, kind (and sometimes slightly moody) Betty Butterscotch keeps the Circus Sweet Shop stocked full of delights, while the ever-eloquent and dashing Bumblewick Beesting pedals his magic potion kits, wands and spells in the Magical Supplies Shop. Then there are the many troupes of unusual and yet highly gifted animals that work in the circus as acrobats, clowns and performers.

Everything I make is part of the Butterscotch & Beesting adventure, so the candy bags all have stories on the back that tell you a little bit more about the circus, and the muddled-up animals are all part of a Magical Menagerie created by Bumblewick's dastardly monkey, Solomon the Simian. All the drawings are by me too"

First of all I was so attracted to the wonderful modern/vintage style candy bag toppers.
They all have a little story on the back and weird and wonderful illustrations on the front, basically, this candy had me at hello!!

HUMBUGS!!!

I adore humbugs, always have but the other humbugs I have had in my life are nothing compared to these.
These are rich, creamy with sweet cooling mint to accompany the creaminess.
I loved how big they were too, huge for my little gob and kept me quiet for a long time!

These are like eating the most delicious bowl of sweet strawberries and cream, total heaven and very moreish.
I can't imagine anyone not feeling better with some of these in their mouth!



These were my least fave I'm afraid, only because even though I do have a sweet tooth they were
just a bit toooo sweet for me and not a huge fan of fudge.
A layer of sweet fudge with icing and then sweet coconut.
My friend absolutely adores these, so if you are a coconut and fudge fan you are likely to adore these!

Aniseed balls have a special place in my heart as I remember getting fun mix ups as a kid with my pocket money and putting loads of these in and I would save them until last and enjoy how numb they would make my tounge!
These are wonderful, full of my childhood memories.
They are delicious!

I am a little red faced about this.. as you may notice in this photo there isn't a piece of candy with it, that is because these were my favorite and I basically ate every last one :(
I will be ordering a couple of new bags of this after this review :P
See below for the stock photo that I nicked from Camilla's website, sorry Camilla!!

THESE ARE UHMAZING!!!!!
sweet fruity flavours with a delightful fizz that isn't at all tart, more like a very tasty sour and sweet effect, just wonderful and my mouth is watering so bad now!!!

Because the candy is so retro and the packaging so fun, these would make wonderful gifts and if anyone wants to buy me a packet I won't turn them down :)

Go grab your very own delish yum yums and find out more with the links below
Why not become a fan on facebook too! :


butterscotch and beesting facebook

butterscotchandbeesting blog

www.butterstings.com

ButterscotchandBeesting folksy

0 comments: