Thursday 13 June 2013

Allotment

My hubby and I are so excited to find out that we have been offered an allotment near our home!
We want so much to grow our own food and have done for many years but never had the garden that was suitable for it.
Our allotment is overgrown and in need of a lot of work, all of which my hubby is happy to sort out.
We are just so grateful!
When we went to visit the plot we found some blackcurrant bushes growing there, which is pretty awesome!
I'm thinking how wonderful they will be in fruit smoothie this year.
We got talking to the lady in the next plot...her plot was incredible. She had everything you could imagine and is a wealth of knowledge...she said she would help us figure it all out and said that others will help us too...which is so heartwarming.
I have dreamt of an allotment for 5 years!

My hubby and I have so much to learn but are excited about turning this plot of land into an organic food growing Eden! 
 
If you want an allotment you have to contact your local council, or if you have a garden big enough to have a food patch, then you can find out a fair bit online..this website if very helpful : allotment tips website
 
I cannot wait to grow lavender, herbs, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce..taters and more!
 
 

0 comments: